There are supports available to help you.  Use the brief list below or we can connect you with resources. 


For information on what classes will look like in Spring 2021, visit the Return to Classrooms page.

Return to classrooms page 


You can check individual department websites, use our support services search function or reach out to SOS to find a resource.  Visit Wildcat Welcome and follow @WildcatConnections on Instagram for ways to connect to campus and find your people. 

Text SOS to 70542 | Chat below |


Academic advisors are meeting with students through online meetings and phone calls. Make an appointment with your academic advisor through Trellis. Students  wanting an appointment with their advisor in Eller or the A Center use eSMS to schedule meetings. You can also email your academic advisor. If you do not know who your academic advisor is, you can find your advisor through the Advising Resource Center by major, my minor, or by college.


If you have general questions about advising, contact the Advising Resource Center (ARC) at or 520-626-8667.  They are also available by chat at during regular business hours.

Wayfinders are advising experts and an additional academic advising resource.  Contact Wayfinders at or call 520-626-8667.

  • THINK TANK: THINK TANK is your go-to destination for academic support at the University of Arizona. We offer a variety of services in math, writing, science, business, language, and academic skills. And most of our services are free! All of our services are available online for the spring 2021 semester with select in person services. Visit the THINK TANK  for more information.
  • Writing: The Writing Center in THINK TANK is providing free, online 45-minute appointments by Zoom conferences and free, peer feedback by Feed Back Loop. Private tutoring is also available for a fee. You can sign up for all services on their website. 
  • The Writing Skills Improvement Program (WISP) is operating almost unaffected, and tutors will continue to meet REMOTELY with students and clients for individual and small group tutoring, job market prep, and editing. Make an appointment for online tutoring.
  • SALT Center: The SALT Center is offering all services its normally provides to students. 
  • C.A.T.S. Academics: C.A.T.S. Academics provides academic support to student athletes. It is located in the Ginny L. Clements Academic Center. While the building is currently closed, C.A.T.S. Academics staff are available 8 am – 5 pm by email, phone, and Zoom. 

Staff are available through email and phone.

Learn more about joining the University of Arizona Community through Admissions.  New and prospective students can also take a virtual campus tour.

The Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid is available to help students.  


You can keep current with the University of Arizona bookstores response to COVID-19 on their website.


Student Engagement & Career Development has online appointments, events, and information. You can meet with a peer or career educator. Visit their website to use their services.

The CALS Career Center is offering services virtually. Email Bridget Radcliff ( or Valeria Martinez (; call 520-621-3616.

Campus recreation is regularly updating their hours of operation and procedures based on both the university calendar and COVID-19.  You can find the most up to date information within Campus Recreation Current Operations. 

Disability Resource Center staff are available by phone and email. 

The Campus Pantry is still open to help support students. We have altered hours to best fit staff and volunteer schedules. In addition we have relocated to the Sonora Room which is on the first floor of the Student Union, across for the Cat Card office and next to the Wells Fargo. Please bring your own bag and masks are required. 

Please email with questions Emergency food bags are available in the Dean of Students office located in the Nugent Building.

Arizona Student Unions Dining updates their hours of operation regularly.  In light of COVID-19, Arizona Dining has developed a cohesive plan to help reduce risk. Our plan is called Arizona Dining SMART.

SMART is an acronym which stands for:
S – Sanitize and clean
M – Maintain social distancing
A – Accommodate dining offerings
R – Require employees follow COVID-19 guidelines
T – Tech driven in approach

The Arizona Student Unions will continue to update as guidelines from the university and/or county, state and national organizations are directed.

The Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona 

Dean of Students: The Dean of Students offers up-to-date information for students and families. You can also call or email the office.

Apply for emergency aid through the Student Emergency Fund.

SOS: Support. Outreach. Success. (SOS) is for UA students who find themselves facing questions or issues and are unsure about where to go for answers. ANY QUESTION. JUST ASK Live chat is available on the SOS website. 

Official University website for COVID-19

Center for Disease Control and Prevention

Arizona Department of Health Services

Pima County 

Official University website for COVID-19



On-demand, text-based primary care at your fingertips through University of Arizona. Type in your phone number and you will get the 98point6 app link sent straight to your phone for free. Provides you with on-demand, text-based telemedicine.

Campus Health- Health Alerts

Campus health is open, but asks that you call before visiting.

Medical: (520) 621-9202After Hours: (520) 570-7898
CAPS/Mental Health: (520) 621-3334After Hours: (520) 621-3334



Wildcats R.I.S.E. is a new, safe place that brings UArizona students together to sort it all out, whatever it is.

Our free group and individual sessions offer students a chance to connect and talk with peers who are dealing with similar stressors. Because talking helps, especially when you’re talking to someone who gets it.

View the schedule of upcoming sessions.

Questions? Email

Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)

CAPS Main is open, but asks that you call before you come in.

Phone:  (520) 621-3334 
CAPS Main - 1224 E. Lowell St, at Highland Commons

Life Management Counseling

Students currently receiving direct counseling support from a Life Management Counselor may continue to keep their appointment via telehealth by using the audio/video platform Zoom. Please email your Life Management Counselor directly for the scheduling link. Students wanting to schedule a first appointment with a Life Management Counselor but feel they are ok to wait until in-person services resume, we ask that you wait until then to schedule. If students feel that they need to have an initial appointment with a Life Management Counselor before then, please email the Life Management Counselor directly to discuss options. Life Management Counselors will remain available for faculty/staff consultation. Please email your Life Management Counselor directly with questions or concerns. 

My Wellness Coach App

You value your health. Make choices that help you thrive. A healthy habit-forming mobile app. 

This app helps you prioritize your health and wellbeing.

  • Tools to assess your current health behaviors
  • Tips to improve your health
  • Guidance creating your personal health goal Making healthy changes is challenging.

With My Wellness Coach you have the support and guidance at your fingertips. It reminds and encourages you along your path to reach your goal.

What Do I Need? • Tablet or Smart phone with Android OS 5.1 or higher, or iOS 12.2 or higher • Have a valid email address (account log in recovery



Housing and Residential Life regularly updates housing related information on their website. 

The Immigrant Student Resource Center provides a variety of resources that are available to students and families from immigrant backgrounds. Financial, health, food, and legal resources are open to students with a DACA or undocumented status.


Staff members are available virtually. You can contact them via email or through Zoom advising Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm

COVID-19 and Immigration Updates

International Students should contact International Student Services for further assistance. 

Students can access IT support by phone (520) 626-TECH (8324) and via Chat.

University IT provides computer equipment, internet access, software and other computer-related support.

The University does not promote or endorse any specific vendor, if you need internet access, one of these options may be right for you.  At the time of this posting, we know of these free Internet offers for low-income families: 

  • Comcast (Xfinity):  Xfinity WiFi Network nationally for free for two months to low income families  
  • Cox:  First month free of Connect2Compete service to qualified low income families 

Contact your local public library to see what resources they may have. Be aware that when you are on a public wifi network your information is not secure. Use the UA VPN to securely connect to the campus network. 

Updates on our current hours of operations, resources, services, and how to contact us are available on the University Libraries COVID-19 web page.

Official University updates

Do Your Part- The safest transition back to the University of Arizona campus begins with you. Follow these guidelines to protect yourself and the Wildcat community.

University of Arizona Classroom Expectations

Math Placement

Math Placement, Transfer Credit, and General Information/Assistance
General information can be found through our FAQs 

If you have questions about how to access the PPL Assessment, have your math transfer credits evaluated, or  need to provide an unofficial transcript or scores for registration purposes, work with Math Placement. 

Parent and Family Programs is available by phone and email to answer questions. Visit, call 520.621.0884, or email

Dean of Students: The Dean of Students Office is a resource for students, parents and families, and campus colleagues for consultation to answer questions and providing assistance. We are open Monday – Thursday; 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Fridays.

SOS: Support. Outreach. Success. (SOS) is for UA students who find themselves facing questions or issues and are unsure about where to go for answers. ANY QUESTION. JUST ASK. Email or live chat. 

The Thrive Center has moved all student success services online. For more information regarding the program you are a part of within Thrive Center, please refer to email communication from the staff of those programs. You can also contact Thrive Center at if you have not received any emails. If you would like to connect with a program, please email us and we'll have a staff member reach out to you.

Second Language Placement Information

For all inquiries regarding second language placement scores or advising, please send an email to and include your full name and Student ID along with your question.


Foundations Writing Placement Information

Students can learn more about the Foundations Writing Program and Foundations Writing Evaluation (our placement process) on the Writing Program. If you have questions about Writing Placement, these inquiries should be submitted through the English Department's StudentHUB, in the "Writing Program Placement" tile.

Math Placement

Math Placement, Transfer Credit, and General Information/Assistance
General information can be found through our FAQs

If you have questions about how to access the PPL Assessment, have your math transfer credits evaluated, or  need to provide an unofficial transcript or scores for registration purposes, work with Math Placement. 

The Transfer Student Center staff is available by email and for virtual appointments. Email the center at

Google Doc for FAQ's from Native American Student Affairs 

Survivor Advocate Program staff are available to meet with students via phone, virtually, or in person 1 on 1 on a case by case basis. Our current scope of services include: emotional support, safety planning, Title IX navigation, victims’ rights and options, information and referral to community resources. Survivor Advocate Program staff will also remain in contact with students regarding ongoing changes to on and off campus resources amidst COVID-19 precautionary measures. 

To get in touch with an advocate, students can email us at or use the referral on our website.

If students do not have internet access, they can also call us at (520) 621-5767. Please note, they may have to leave a message and leave a safe phone number.

The Office of the Ombuds is an expert resource for effective communication, collaboration, and conflict transformation. We provide all university constituents (students, employees, and others) with options other than formal grievance procedures to resolve disputes and address a variety of issues, questions, and concerns. Are you unsure how to handle a complex, tense, or unideal situation with a faculty member, supervisor, peer, or campus service provider? Are you interested in responding to a situation in the most effective way possible? Do you have a situation that has gotten out of hand? We invite you to contact us to help you move forward in a constructive manner, no matter how small, large, or messy your situation may be. As a confidential, informal, independent, and impartial office, we are a great place to start – if we aren’t able to assist you directly with your situation, we can connect you to other helpful resources.

Students who are looking for spiritual support and growth can connect with the University Religious Council. 

The VETS Center provides valuable resources to support military-connected students at the University of Arizona.